Our program caters to children from 3 ½ to 4 ½ and is designed to meet each child’s unique interests, needs, development and strengths. The kindergarten is an incorporated association which is managed by the parents. The land and the building are owned by the Brisbane City Council and all of the equipment is owned by the Kindergarten.
The Kindergarten is affiliated with C&K, which is a voluntary, company Limited by Guarantee, non-government organisation concerned with the care and education of children from 0 – 6 years of age. C&K is our Central Governing Body. In this role they distribute State Government funding to our centre. They also provide support to us and monitor our compliance. An Early childhood advisor from C&K regularly visits the centre to ensure that these high standards are being maintained.
C&K is unique in allocating an Children Services Manager to each service. They are responsible for visiting each C&K service, providing curriculum support, advice and information.
Some aspects of our program
- Discover, create, improvise and imagine
- Queensland Museum artefacts program
- Visiting artists, dramatic shows, cultural experiences and hands-on educational opportunities
- Extensive learning libraries including a Book Library, Puzzle Library and Parent Library
- Connections with the community through Dandarri Indigenous library and The Rocks Riverside Community Garden.
- Exploring the natural environment
- Developing independence, confidence and resilience
- Transition to school program for pre-prep children through linkages with the local schools
- Providing a secure and stable environment with children attending on regular days as part of fixed classes
- Supportive opportunities to develop as communicators through class presentations, end of year concert performance and other events
- Empowering children to problem-solve, engage in critical thinking and accept challenges
- Curriculum based on the Queensland Government’s Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and the National Early Years Learning Framework
- A strong family influence, with parent rosters and special family events.
- Private parental access to photos and information about their child each week through our interactive online portal
- Valuing family involvement through regular parental participation in the classroom and events such as Special Visitors Day
- Embrace diversity and welcoming children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and children with a disability
Delightful outdoor area for children to climb, play and explore including:
- Children’s vegetable garden
- Worm farm
- Water tanks and digging patch
- Climbing fort, swings and trees with decks.
Taking an active role in the local community, for example:
- Excursions to Queens park and the Ipswich art Gallery.